Brigantia has been sold


Brigantia has been sold!

After giving us three years of fun and joy and looking after her novice crew, Brigantia went to pastures new in the Autumn of 2013. This blog remains as an archive of our activities on board.

Our new yacht, "Erbas" has her own Ships Log

Friday 16 August 2013

A skippers work is never done

Today I have paid the deposit on "Erbas"

Before I did so however, I phoned the bank to query why I'd yet to see any paperwork vis a vis the loan. "It takes 3 to 5 working days". Really? In the 21st century? Ridiculous! The nice young lady (whose name I took note of I might add!) did kindly verbally confirm that the loan is definitely approved and only requires our signatures on the paperwork

That was my point really - I was nervous about paying the deposit, and still am, with nothing whatsoever in writing about the loan definitely being OK. Still, given the missed call from the brokers chasing the deposit and purchase agreement needs must!

We've got to sign the purchase agreement and have it witnessed by a non-relative. Seems a bit much for a £12K purchase but never mind! I suppose it's the standard form.

The Bosun and I have been bandying ideas about options for heating backwards and forwards. Well mostly forwards as I'm still mulling over his research report. For one reason or another I'm not wildly enthusiastic about any of the viable alternatives but we need a user friendly, reliable, effective and reasonably economic solution to heating the boat because we want to make the maximum use out of her by extending the "season" as much as possible. There will be more on this subject I'm sure!

We've also been mulling over possible names and we have a possibility that we're trying on the tongue for a few days. It also needs to meet with the approval of all parties. And you'll have to wait and see 'cos I'm not telling right now!

Then there's budgets and finances. The loan repayments are not eye watering as we've spread the cost over the longest period (although we don't necessarily plan to take that long over paying it off) but it is never the less a hole in our finances that has to be filled from somewhere.

I just want to go and play with our new toy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment