Brigantia has been sold


Brigantia has been sold!

After giving us three years of fun and joy and looking after her novice crew, Brigantia went to pastures new in the Autumn of 2013. This blog remains as an archive of our activities on board.

Our new yacht, "Erbas" has her own Ships Log

Saturday 17 March 2012

Rigging weekend - day 1, stage 2

After a pleasant few hours up the pub, we staggered back down to the moorings and I set off in the dinghy for a second crack at getting out to the boat.

With the ebb having settled down, things went swimmingly this time and I had no bother getting to the boat and climbing on board.

I had some bother getting the outboard running, not sure quite what I'd done wrong but somehow I'd fairly comprehensively flooded the engine. As a result, I'd no sooner cast off the buoy and set off down river than the engine died on me. Not a good start to our new relationship but eventually after appropriate swearing, cursing and threatening it fired up and ran properly.

It don't hang about either! In no short order we were alongside and tied up with the kettle on for coffee with rum in it and the traditional Peckett brothers late night argument  :-)

Tomorrow is another day and it's nearly here so it's time to get some sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment