Brigantia has been sold


Brigantia has been sold!

After giving us three years of fun and joy and looking after her novice crew, Brigantia went to pastures new in the Autumn of 2013. This blog remains as an archive of our activities on board.

Our new yacht, "Erbas" has her own Ships Log

Friday 3 June 2011

Does the heart overrule the head?

I'm in two minds and neither of them is made up ...

The wind forecast for this weekend is almost as bad as the one for last weekend - in fact the only thing to be said in its favour is that this time the wind will be blowing across the river rather than straight down it.

The head is saying to me that it's just not worth the expense of driving down to the boat on Saturday morning only to have to come back on Sunday afternoon when there's virtually no chance of being able to safely work up the mast and, even if the essential fettling up the stick by some chance did get done any sailing will be very limited. It makes sense to tackle some outstanding jobs at home .

The heart, on the other hand, is suffering severe withdrawal symptoms - it's nearly a month now since we were aboard. What's more, whilst the last two weekends could justifiably be said to have been postponed, if we don't go to the boat this weekend it's a cancelled trip that can't be replaced. It will mean two less days aboard this year than planned.

Oh hell, It's got to be the head that wins. Decision made but I really hate being sensible :)

I shall console myself that I shall spend at least some of the weekend on boaty things - I'll have another crack at the recalcitrant Seagull and see if I can get the bl**dy thing to start and we could do with emptying the "Bosuns Stores", a.k.a. the shed with all the boat bits in it. and sorting out what's what.

And then there's the grass to cut, the weeds to weed (and boy are there some weeds to weed), and now my old Landrover has gone to Landy heaven I ought to start clearing out the yard. I'd rather be sailing!

1 comment:

  1. I know where you're coming from - no sailing last weekend for the same reason, BH was rubbish (grey drizzle and wind-less), and a quick view at this weekend showed that despite promises of a BBQ weekend in the papers it was going to be too damned windy again, and was going to rain all day Sunday anyway.... so I went sailing yesterday afternoon - sloped out of work for half a day - absolutely sublime... :o)

    ReplyDelete