Brigantia has been sold


Brigantia has been sold!

After giving us three years of fun and joy and looking after her novice crew, Brigantia went to pastures new in the Autumn of 2013. This blog remains as an archive of our activities on board.

Our new yacht, "Erbas" has her own Ships Log

Friday 17 June 2011

I wish I was going sailing ...

It'd be a lot more fun, even in the dicey weather forecast, that the weekend I've got ahead of me!

In my capacity as entertainment technical manager at the IWA National Waterways Festival I've just had land on my desktop a whole 8 pages of queries and additional compliance requirements to which I've got to respond within 7 days. It's ridiculous - it's not as if we're running a Who concert at Wembley Arena for crissakes!

Anybody fancy spending a weekend in a few weeks time standing at the corner of a field with a sound pressure level meter. We'll send a sandwich and a pint along from time to time! Oh, perhaps not the pint - after all, we can't possibly allow volunteer site workers to DRINK! Oh no, that would be dangerous.

If I hadn't already told 'em this was going to be my last year, this would be the final straw.

At least next year I'll have a whole two weeks more holiday to go sailing ... maybe we might get some decent weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment