Brigantia has been sold


Brigantia has been sold!

After giving us three years of fun and joy and looking after her novice crew, Brigantia went to pastures new in the Autumn of 2013. This blog remains as an archive of our activities on board.

Our new yacht, "Erbas" has her own Ships Log

Friday 25 January 2013

More sails

Or one more sail to be precise

After much cogitation, I couldn't figure out a simple way around making a stack pack setup work with our reefing arrangements (the reefing lines would conflict with the permanent sail cover) and neither could Crusader

So I've decided to drop that idea and stick with a conventional sail cover. Since Crusader will make me a nice shiny new one to measure for slightly less than an off-the-shelf one size doesn't quite fit anything stock cover, I've added that to the order

And having saved (!) myself £200, I decided in consultation with the Purser to go ahead and order the cruising chute as well. We'll try it without a snuffer for this season and see how we go (that's another £150 "saved" - I can save money easy, me)

The chute was always a fairly crucial element of the cunning plan as it was intended to make up for the loss of sail area incurred by cutting the genoa from a 155% to a 140%.

So now I'm wondering whether I can get away with spending the money I've "saved" on a decent whisker pole? :D

No comments:

Post a Comment