Brigantia has been sold


Brigantia has been sold!

After giving us three years of fun and joy and looking after her novice crew, Brigantia went to pastures new in the Autumn of 2013. This blog remains as an archive of our activities on board.

Our new yacht, "Erbas" has her own Ships Log

Thursday 24 January 2013

One step forwards ...

Well that's the new sails ordered

But now I'm back to having to make yet MORE decisions!

You see, we desperately need a new mainsail cover 'cos we can hardly cover up the nice new mainsail with a ratty old patched up fading and disintegrating piece of dishcloth (and I'm being quite generous about the existing cover)

But the agony of deciding between a very reasonable £150 for a made to measure cover (compared favourably with an off the shelf job) and the convenience of a stack pack system complete with lazy jacks and zip up cover for £350

It's one of those "I know I'll be wishing I'd bought it if I don't" jobs and I've been seriously contemplating fitting a Barton lazy jack setup anyway* which'd be getting on for £100 of the extra £200

Hmmm

* Lazy jacks would have made my life a whole lot easier when we got clobbered off Lowestoft last summer 'cos we wouldn't have had the mainsail out of control and flogging in the howling wind for ages

2 comments:

  1. Lazyjacks are great, but it doesn't take 10 seconds to whip a bungee round a flogging sail???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does when your clinging onto the mast for grim death with the boat trying to do handstands in a sudden howling gale :D

      It hit without any warning at all exactly at the moment I'd just dropped the sail and let go to grab a sail tie from my belt. Once it got away from me, there was no getting it back until things calmed down 15 or 20 minutes later

      Delete